Stone Allerton village, Somerset
Chapel Allerton is a village and civil parish, south of Cheddar in the English county of Somerset. The parish includes the hamlets of Ashton and Stone Allerton.
The name comes from "Aelfweard's settlement", with the chapel prefix being added in 1708 to distinguish it from the adjourning Stone Allerton. The manor was brought in 1492 by John Gunthorpe and passed to the Bishop of Wells. Chapel Allerton was part of the hundred of Bempstone. Chapel Allerton forms part of Sedgemoor district and is located southwest of Cheddar. It is noted for the striking Ashton windmill nearby.
Stay at a nearby Holiday Park and keep the kids amused all day! Parks in the vicinity include those at:
Plenty of hotels are available locally. Consider those in the local towns: