Martock village, Somerset
The large Somerset village of Martock lies in south Somerset on the edge of the Somerset Levels and about 7 miles northwest of Yeovil. Recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086, the name Martock comes from the Old English words "mart" meaning market and "ac" for Oak and relate to an Oak tree on the spot now occupied by the Market House. Martock expanded rapidly between the 11th and 14th centuries, the village currently has a population of about 4,500 people.
Stay at a nearby Holiday Park and keep the kids amused all day! Parks in the vicinity include those at:
Plenty of hotels are available locally. Consider those in the local towns: