Compton Dundon village, Somerset
Compton Dundon is a village and civil parish situated beside King's Sedge Moor and the Polden Hills, 5 miles south of Glastonbury and 4 miles north of Somerton in the South Somerset district. The village had a population of 710 in 2002. The parish includes the hamlet of Littleton.
Just outside the village is Dundon Hill (or Dundon Camp), an Iron Age hill fort, with 2 metre (6.5 ft) ramparts. An excavation in 1916 found pottery and flints here, but the fort has been damaged by quarrying.
The manor was owned by Glastonbury Abbey at the time of the Domesday Book in 1086. The parish of Compton Dundon was part of the Whitley Hundred.
Stay at a nearby Holiday Park and keep the kids amused all day! Parks in the vicinity include those at:
Plenty of hotels are available locally. Consider those in the local towns: