Bridgwater Film Centre
Tel. 0871 230 3200
2 Screens. This cinema was opened as The Odeon on 13th July 1936. The architect was T.Cecil Howitt who also designed very similar Odeons in Weston super Mare, Bristol and Clacton on Sea. It had 1,525 seats.
Howitt's Odeons were very stylish mid- Art Deco buildings and there are exterior and interior photographs on display in the cinema foyer. The main staircase and upper foyer retain many features.
Scott Cinemas acquired cinemas in this thriving town in December 1983.
This cinema is unfortunately not accessible to wheelchair users. There are 3 steps from the street into the cinema, and a further 29 steps up to the top foyer, screens and toilets. The steps inside the building are of limited width.
Penel Orlieu, Bridgwater. TA6 3PH.